Subject: Re: Motorway services
Norm in Oregon asked:

A somewhat unusual request, Ziners. I'm searching (thus far without any success) for a photograph(s) of what the British call a motorway services facility. That is, one of those very large service stations which span a divided freeway. The type which has a station on each side of the highway with a bridge (well up in the air) from one unit to the other, laterally perpendicular to the roadway. They usually contain a restaurant, gift shop, auto accessories store, or florists.

Our City Council is looking for a development project for property straddling I-5 so it occurs to me that the mentioned facility might be worthy of consideration.

I hope they know that if they want to emulate the British example they will need to have over-priced cardboard-tasting food, unpleasant employees and inadequate parking to really emulate them.

Jerry and Mary Coleman (in Belmont, California)