Subject: Transit Visas
A lot of countries require a visa to go through - it's called a Transit visa, and if you don't have it, they won't let you transit through the country. Some countries will issue it at the border, whereas other countries require that you get it in advance from their embassy (actually, from their consulate).

Laurie in Mexico City