Subject: Rental Cars in Italy
Are you pricing for automatic transmission? If so, that will cost you quite a bit more than manual transmission. Most any car rental will cost more than in the USA, however, but there are good rates to be had.

Do be aware that Italian law requires that you have a copy of your driver's license translated into Italian. You won't ever be asked for that unless you get a traffic ticket or have an accident...but there can be a fine imposed at that point if you are asked and don't have. The easiest way to comply with the law just in case is to get an International Drivers License, which any AAA office in the USA can issue...they will take your photo (or you can take in two passport-size photos) for the license, too, and it all costs $ 10-15 including the photos.

Sally Watkins, CTC