|Subject: Miami Hotel III|
It could be a good option to stay in Downtown, for instance
at the Best Western Marina Park
Hotel, located across the street from Bayside Market Place and the new
Miami Arena. and at walking distance from the Cultural Center .
It would have the following advantages:
1) avoid staying in any of the hotels near t he airport. ( They are all
2) a fairly short ride to the airport.- 8 miles - Taxi $19 ( flat rate)+ tip
3) Although there is nothing much to do in Downtown you will be across
the street from Bayside Market and its attractions and of course near
Best bet would be Burdine 's department store and Fedco for toilet items,
this is an excellent discount store. .(Both at walking distance from hotel)
4) You can take a bus K or C across the bay ( 20-25 minutes ride) or a
taxi and visit South Beach the hotest area in Miami.
5) Probably the Marina Park offers a resonable hotel rate aprox $99+ tax.
( they might have Coorporate rates )
6) You can take for 25 cts. a sightseeing ride in the Metromover.( a little
train that loops around Downtown Miami.)
Note: after 5 pm , downtown is not a very nice area but the hotel is located across the street from Bayside however if planing to walk back to the hotel just in case ask for guidance at the front desk.
Hope that all this options will help you and family to stay in the right place and enjoy your stay here . I regret I shall be away for Christmas if not I would have helped you personally . Please note that I am not familiar with the Marina Park Hotel , it looks ok from the outside.
Graziella Miami Beach.