Subject: RE: Laptops in Europe
Most laptops have a power supply which automatically accepts 110-220V. Look at the power supply that you normally plug between the wall and your laptop. It should state what the range of input voltage is. If it takes up to 220V, then all you need is the proper plug adapter to use the various European plugs. I just installed an IBM portable in our place in Europe. To avoid the US plug to French adapter to French receptacle, I snipped off the US plug and wired the power supply into the French plug. Works like a charm. Since I left the portable in Europe, I would not recommend you undertake that surgery. However, I highly recommend getting a surge suppressor that will fit the particular country to which you intend to travel.