Subject: Year off for travel
UK is currently short of teachers and should make it easy for you to work. If you are under 26 many countries allow you to work on a student visa.

Australia and New Zealand a short of teachers but you would need to check with your local embassy for visas.

Japan is also worth a try as many Australians get teaching jobs there. Russell Klopper