|Subject: Planning a trip to Switzerland|
First, let me say thanks for all the hints and tips about London. Connie
and I had a WONDERFUL week in London earlier this year.
Now we're planning a two week stay in Switzerland in September. Our
current thoughts are to stay one week in Lucern and take day trips out from
there. Then we'll stay the second week in Murren and take walks and hikes
in the Berner Oberland. This is our first time to go to Switzerland, so we
have lots of questions:
1) Do you have suggestions for our day trips out of Lucern? We both love
beautiful mountain scenery and lovely old villages.
2) Do you have suggestions for our hikes in the Alps? Any glaciers, peaks,
waterfalls, or vistas that you have fallen in love with?
3) We both have a good pair of walking shoes; will we need to buy hiking
boots? We do not plan to do any mountain climbing, just walking and hiking.
4) We thought that we'd get a two week Swiss Pass to take care of all our
transportation. Is that a good idea?
5) Do you have hotel, or apartment, recommendations for Lucern or Murren?
6) What's the weather like in September? and how should we dress for it?
Thanks for all your help, John S