|Subject: RE: Getting Gasoline in Europe|
1. Are they self-service mostly? Yes, but away from the motorways you can find full service stations.
2. How is payment at self service? Feed money into slots?? You go to the booth and pay after filling your tank.
2. Do they take credit cards? VISA and MasterCard. My US-based gasoline company credit cards such as Mobil and Shell did not work at their stations in Europe.
3. Are they full service? For the most part, yes.
4. Is diesel the common fuel? Both diesel and gas are common. Diesel is cheaper. Be sure you know the local language for each. 5. Are they situated on non-autobahn roads? or just in towns? The motorways have gas stations and quite good signage to tell you how far it is to them.
Have a good trip.