Subject: Re: Vietnam practicalities
Hi Andrew, I'll jump in a little late here (just remembered to change my email setting after a 2 wk holiday in Switzerland) but ... Lisa's right - you'll need a multiple entry visa for Vietnam (they are quite sticky).

Also - I personally think that it's better to be safe than sorry IF you are going outside of the cities (espec. the Delta). Lisa's suggestion of the travel clinic is a good one - they'll be the most up to date on the various prophylactics for the places you are going and time of year (which makes a difference).

Since a friend of ours contracted Japanese Encephylitis after a short trip to Siem Reap (and has just undergone his 3rd brain surgery), I highly recommend shots for Japanese Encephylitis.

Neither my husband nor I had any ill (or weird) effects from either the malarial routine or JE shots that we got. But... have heard of the psychadelic effects that others have talked about!

Cheers! Judy in Hong Kong