Subject: Re: Passports for Canada?
Hello, Ziners:

For US citizens, carry that passport for ID when crossing borders into Canada or Mexico! Yes, I know, in the past you could have used a certified copy of your birth certificate, or a voter's registration card. You could even have skulked across with your driver's license or baptismal certificate. Now, you never know when the safety alert will be upped to orange & you can bet only a passport will do then.

This applies to border crossings by foot, bike, car or air.

Gail In Eugene