Subject: Re: Gadgets
Angie, The power bricks for many, if not most, digital devices - laptops, video cameras, digital cameras - are dual voltage. They may not go out of their way to tell you, but if you read the fine print on them, they will say something like Input: 110 - 240 volts, and 50 - 60 Hz. If it says this, then you only need an adapter to accomodate the plug size and shape of the country you are going to. You should still check with someone that knows for sure before going, but the fine print will give you a good idea of the correct answer. The first time I took a video camera to Europe, when it came to recharging the battery, I plugged it in and had no problem, but I was half expecting a small burst of flames. -steve