Subject: Re: Passport for Canada
Hi Candice,

According to U.S. Department of State:

Visas are not required for U.S. citizens entering Canada from the U.S. You will, however, need:

(1) proof of your U.S. citizenship such as your U.S. passport (For information on obtaining a U.S. passport, check with one of the regional passport agencies located throughout the U.S.) or certified copy of your birth certificate issued by the city, county or state in the U.S. where you were born. If you are a naturalized U.S. citizen and do not have a passport, you should travel with your naturalization certificate. A driver's license or Social Security card is NOT valid proof of citizenship.

(2) photo identification, such as a current, valid driver's license.

All U.S. citizens entering Canada from a third country must have a valid passport.

Alien permanent residents of the U.S. must present their Alien Registration Card, commonly called a Green Card.

If you are a dual U.S./Canadian citizen you should always present yourself as a Canadian citizen when entering Canada. However, U.S. citizens should use their U.S. passports when entering or leaving the United States.

Regards, Linda