Subject: Re: International Driver's License
Hi Ziners,

Here's what the Australian automobile association says on their website:

Driving Licences Driving licences and permits must be carried at all times while in charge of a motor vehicle. Overseas driving licences held by bona-fide tourists and valid for the class of vehicle being driven are recognised (usually up to a maximum period of one year) throughout Australia. In some States and Territories it is necessary for visitors to present their licence to the motor vehicle registration authority on arrival.

International Driving Permits (IDP) held by bona-fide tourists are recognised in all Australian States and Territories and are preferred with national licences. In Victoria, overseas visitors are permitted to drive on their IDP provided they do not reside in that State for a continuous period of three months or more.

Frances Toronto, Canada