|Subject: luxury hotels|
i just returned from bologna and was treated like a queen at a wonderful hotel called the grand baglioni. some of the items that were special were:
1. people at front desk learned my name by second day and handed me my key as i approached the front desk and greeted me by name.
2. by second day waiter at breakfast buffet knew that i would start with a double expresso followed by another double espresso.
3. after many hotels with key cards that had to be inserted into a slot in one's room or the electricity would not go on, this hotel left the lights on after cleaning so that one did not have to come into a dark room and fumble for slot and light switches.
4. many, many flower arrangements throughout beautiful hotel.
5. there was a fire going in the lobby fireplace during a particularly cold, rainy snowy week in italy. this was a regular hotel, not a bed and breakfast or an inn so the fireplace was very unusual.
6. linen sheets, heated towel bar, personal wake up call- not a recording- etc.
i wonder what ziners appreciate in an outstanding hotel. i have stayed in many physically beautiful hotels but i know that the personal attention in this one was delightful.