|Subject: UK Travels|
I am planning a tour of the UK in August. I will be there for
a month and
I'm travelling on a tight budget. I was wondering if anyone
can help me with
some questions I have.
1. Does anyone know a good cheap hotel in Edinburgh, preferably
Would like a single room, but don't mind shared facilities.
2. Any good recommendations for tours out of Edinburgh (I will
be there for
5 days, but would like to see the Highlands if possible)
3. I am planning on doing a Paddywagon Tour of Ireland - has
anyone had any
experience with this company? Any thoughts?
4. What's the best way to get to Hampton Court from London?
Can I use a Zone
1-6 Travelcard to get there? Also Windsor Castle as well, I
would love to
visit both places. Would I need a full day for each?
5. I am planning on taking a number of train trips around England
- both out
of London and Liverpool. Are BritRail passes the best way to
go, or would I
get better deals if I just book when I am over there?
This is the second time I have been to England (my first to
Ireland). I am attempting to arrange the entire trip myself
internet, without a travel agent. It's a lot of work, but the
half the fun!!
Thanks for any help you can give me Megan Karon Christchurch, New Zealand