Subject: European and UK plugs

The UK plugs have 3 large blades in and inverted triangle, while the European plugs have 2 or 3 round pins in line. While the voltage is the same, they definitely don't fit. Hotels (and even some B&B) in UK offer either an adaptor or am European outlet per room, but a traveller's adaptor is the best choice and will work everywhere. I bought mine at an electric supplies shop for less than 10 euros, but I've always seen them at airport shops too. Just be careful to check the max wattage allowed for appliances plugged in, as hairdryers or pressing irons won't probably be supported. No problem though for power suppliers of cameras, phones or laptops. Bye, Paolo Trieste, Italy