|Subject: Re: Vote for the New 7 Wonders of the World|
My husband bought from Travel Essential and today they sent to us their annual quiz. Though I do travel (about 24 countries) and read a lot on traveling, I now realize maybe ....
1. This lake holds 20% of the world's fresh surface water.
2. A measurement of 8,200 feet represents what physical characteristic of Antarctica?
3. This building had an almost 1,000 year run as the world's largest manmade enclosed space.
4. For more than 550 years the monks at Kloster Andechs have dedicated themselves to what worldly endeavor?
5. Enrique de Malacca is widely believed to be the first person to do what?
6. The Spanish phrase "Encontrarse como un pulpo en un garaje" means what?
7. Name the two islands separated by the Strait of Bonifacio.
8. What are Agulhas and Koroshio?
9. Every evening people gather at Mallory Square and give a hand to what?
10. U Flecku is the world's oldest what?
11. If you throw a coin over your shoulder into the Trevi Fountain in Rome, Italy, what are you wishing for?
12. Name the journalist who in 1890 eclipsed Phileas Fogg's literary achievement by eight days.
13. The ancient land of Mesopotamia, often called the "cradle of civilization," is in which contemporary country?
14. What is Bloemfontein?
15. Hispaniola is made up of what two countries?
Good luck! Reggie in NYC